Monday, January 17, 2011

The carpenter and the painter



I’m trying really hard here
To piece together my heart
I used like fifty thousand nails
But it just falls back apart

I guess I need some super glue
But all I have are some screws
And the pieces all stay put
Until I remember you

So why do I even bother
You were the carpenter
I only painted pretty pictures
Of what our life could be

But you already had plans
You built all these dull walls
With your bare hands
And I just stood by and watched

As they eventually caved in
Despite all of your good intentions
You made it clear it was your trade
I’m just an artist with a vision


Now all that’s left is ashes and debris
Along with dreams that we let wither
If you were here to see this mess
I bet you would reconsider

No comments:

Post a Comment